Professional 15x strength powerful live tank starter nitrifying bioculture, with much fewer temperature and shelf life restrictions than competing products, for rapidly cycling new marine fish and reef aquaria and brackish aquariums, and for recovering from overcrowding or disasters where the bacteria bed has been damaged or when adding new fish. It is also quite useful after re-arranging decorations or performing major maintenance, such as cleaning substrates or biological media to "recharge" the nitrifying bacteria population.
- Super concentrated 15X Suspension of LIVE non-pathogenic microbes, specifically formulated to extremely rapidly establish biological filtration in new aquarium set-ups, and to enhance the rate of nitrification in existing systems.
- Useful for rapidly re-establishing nitrification bacteria in case of an emergency
- Particularly useful in aquaria with high population densities and when adding new fish
- Helpful to re-establish nitrifying bacteria after cleaning rocks and surfaces and after use of medications.
1. Rapid reduction of ammonia, and nitrite.
2. Prevents “New Tank Syndrome.”
- Supplied in a proprietary base which provides for maximum longevity
- Formulated utilizing extensive data compiled by microbiologists.
First, use Brightwell Erase-Cl to completely remove chloramines and chlorine from tap water. Chloramine and chlorine are lethal to the bacteria in this product and if not removed, will cause it to fail! Shake the product vigorously immediately before using it. Add the appropriate volume of MicroBacter Start XLM (see below) to the aquarium in an area of high flow to promote dispersion. Do not use “live sand” or “dry seeded artificial live rock” until cycling with this product is complete for several weeks! (In fact, Brightwell recommends that you do not use dry seeded artificial "live rock" ever. The best choices are aquacultured live rock, rock from the ocean, naturally cycled artificial rock sold wet, unseeded dry artificial rock, dry Florida aragonite, other natural aragonite, Marco Rock, and the like. Any rock that already contains bacteria and is dry, will damage the cycling and in our experience takes too long to cycle and cycles the wrong nutrients - it will not properly cycle ammonia because it is the wrong species of bacteria)