- Used in conjunction with MICROBACTER7 and REEF BIOFUEL or KATALYST, enables natural phosphorus uptake to take place in systems with inadequate nitrogen content, lowering phosphate concentration without the use of chemical filtration media and without resorting to polluting the system with organic material to raise the nitrogen content.
- Recommended for use by advanced reef aquarists maintaining ultra-low nutrient
content systems, only.
- May be used with MICROBACTER7 (selected microbes and enzymes), REEF BIOFUEL and/or KATALYST (organic carbon source), and NEOPHOS (phosphorus source) to achieve desired nutrient content in reef aquaria for improved health and coloration of inhabitants.
Shake product well before using. Do not overdose. Results will be most significant when the system is being
dosed with MICROBACTER7 on a daily or bi-daily basis.
1. Using accurate test kits or calibrated digital testing devices, determine phosphate and nitrate concentrations in the system. It is assumed that the nitrate concentration in the system is below detectable limits for the testing method being employed.
2. Apply NEONITRO as directed below to attain a nitrate concentration of ~3 ppm.
3. Allow 24-hours to elapse; re-test nitrate and phosphate concentrations. If concentrations remain unchanged, then the system is likely carbon-limited. Dose with REEF BIOFUEL at the rate of 1-ml per 25 US-gallons and allow 24-hours to elapse, then re-test phosphate and nitrate concentrations. Continue daily dosing with REEF BIOFUEL until phosphate or nitrate concentrations begin to decrease, indicating that the rate of carbon input to the system
matches the rate of phosphorus- or nitrogen-input, respectively.
4. If phosphate concentration decreases without the addition of REEF BIOFUEL or the use of KATALYST, nitrate concentration in the system will decrease. Continue dosing with NEONITRO to maintain nitrate concentration of
~3 - 5 ppm until phosphate concentration falls to within desired range (suggested 0.01 - 0.02 ppm). Thereafter, dose
with NEONITRO as required to maintain desired phosphate and nitrate concentrations.
Note: If at any time, dosing with NEONITRO results in a prolonged increase of nitrate concentration without gradual decrease as phosphate is taken up, the system is likely carbon-limited (remedied by the application of REEF BIOFUEL or KATALYST to the system). Refer to Steps 3 and 4, or to our website (NEOPHOS "Technical" page). There has been more than one strength of NEONITRO that has been sold, so please refer to the number of gallons treated on the bottle.
CAUTION: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption.
Purified water, proprietary nitrogen salts.