Ammonia poisoning is the most common killer of aquarium fish. Ammonia is produced by decomposing plants, algae, fish waste, and uneaten food. Dangerous ammonia levels often occur in new aquariums or in an established tank when adding new livestock, when a filter stops working due to power or mechanical failure or if existing beneficial bacterial colonies are lost due to the use of medications or sudden changes in water conditions. Fritz A.C.C.R. will not alter pH or deplete oxygen levels. Fritz A.C.C.R. is a true complete water conditioner that not only neutralizes toxic ammonia but also the chlorine and chloramines found in tap water. Fritz A.C.C.R. is extremely safe even when overdosed.
Use 1 cap (1 tsp/5 ml) per 10 U.S. gallons (38 L). Using this dosage, 1.0 mg/L ammonia will be instantly eliminated, as well as chlorine and chloramines. For areas with very high chlorine levels, or in emergency situations with very high ammonia levels, the dosage can be safely increased or repeated up to 5x.
- For best results, add ACCR to tap water in a separate container before adding water to the aquarium.
- No equipment restrictions necessary
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
- Handy when using medications that affect the biofilter: avoid water changes by adding ACCR to detoxify 1 ppm ammonia per dose
- Easy measuring: the 4 oz, 8 oz, and 16 oz bottle caps are approximately 5 mL volume
- Overdosed? It is safe to increase the dosage up to 5x. Observe livestock for distress, perform small water changes if needed
- Test with: chlorine test kit, salicylate-type ammonia test kit (those with yellow/green color charts), and avoid Nessler-type ammonia test kits (those with yellow/amber color charts)