Fritz Guard is a safe and effective pH-buffered water conditioner that neutralizes toxic chlorine, chloramines, and heavy metals found in tap water. Fritz Guard promotes healing and reduces fish stress with aloe vera and vitamin E and provides necessary electrolytes. Naturally secreted by mucous glands, the slime coat is a natural defense system that protects fish from disease, aids in osmoregulation, and reduces stress caused by sudden changes in the environment. Fritz Guard provides a replacement slime coat to aid fish that have lost theirs or have been injured due to stress, poor water conditions, and handling. Fritz Guard enhances biofiltration by producing a slime coat over the filter media, aiding in the attachment of beneficial bacteria.
Use 1 tsp (5 ml) per 10 U.S. gallons (38 L). For areas with very high chlorine levels, the dosage can be safely increased or repeated up to 5x.
- For best results, add Fritz Guard to tap water in a separate container before adding water to the aquarium.
- For marine aquariums, turn off the protein skimmer for 6 hours after adding Fritz Guard to reduce foaming.
- No other equipment restrictions necessary
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
- Easy measuring: the 4 oz, 8 oz, and 16 oz bottle caps are approximately 5 mL volume
- Overdosed? It’s safe to increase the dosage up to five times. Observe livestock for distress, perform small water changes if needed
- Test with a chlorine test kit